It took a fair bit of research guesswork, but the joystick and four buttons are all wired up to the IPAC. The first thing I wired up was the wiring block for the grounds. That was fun without a wire stripper, but a quick trip back to my apartment and that issue was no more. The wiring for that was actually pretty quick once I got the hang of making the wire segments.

#

Actually figuring out which wire was positive and which was negative was a bit difficult. I couldn’t find any documentation that said which is which, so I just guessed that the wires with tape on them are probably all positive, and luckily, I was right (although it probably doesn’t matter either way, as long as they’re consistent). Once I’d attached all of the negatives to the grounding block, I moved on to attaching the positives to the correct terminals on the IPAC, which was also a fair bit of guesswork. Luckily, the only ones I got mixed up are down and left; pretty good for a first try, if I do say so myself!

#

The wires are still a bit of a mess, but I’ll get that all sorted out one of these days; and for now, it’s not too bad.


#

Also, that horrendous sound the panel made when you opened or closed it is mostly gone. I got tired of the hideous sound so I grabbed the dremel and removed some of the offending wood. It is now much quieter.


#




Until next time, this is Eric… signing off.


Edit: This took about 1.5 hours.


Loading Conversation